Man dies in accidental electrocution; another man injured - 19 Action News|Cleveland, OH|News, Weather, Sports

Man dies in accidental electrocution; another man injured

Posted: Updated:

COLERAIN TOWNSHIP, OH (FOX19) - One man is dead and another is in the hospital after an accidental electrocution Wednesday morning in Colerain Township.

It happened around 8:30 a.m. in the 3100 block of Regal Lane.

The Hamilton County Sheriff's Office says Chris Macarthy, 30, of Fairfield, and Rodney Whitler, 43, of Newport were attempting to erect scaffolding outside a home when one of the metal poles came in contact with electrical lines, shocking both men.

Macarthy was taken to Mercy Mt. Airy Hospital, where he was pronounced dead. Whitler was taken to University Hospital. His condition is unknown.

The incident remains under investigation.

Duke Energy crews and OSHA also responded to the scene.

Copyright 2011 FOX19. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by WorldNow