Internships at WOIO-WUAB:
WOIO-WUAB offers internships to eligible students, to provide a hands-on learning experience for students looking to gain knowledge and insight about the communications and television industry. Students are eligible for an internship by being enrolled at a college or university, and by receiving academic credit from that school for an internship.
Internships are offered in a variety of departments at the station, including News, Marketing, Sales, and Community/Public Affairs.
All internships are non-paid, so students must be receiving academic credit to work or observe at the station. Hours can be flexible, to accommodate class schedules and school requirements; however, most interns are usually required to be here for a minimum of 15-20 hours per week.
Applying for an Internship at WOIO-WUAB:
1. Obtain an "internship application" from WOIO-WUAB.
2. Complete the application by the appropriate deadlines:
For a summer internship, March 1
For a fall semester internship, July 1 FLEXIBLE
For a winter break internship, October 1
For a spring semester internship, December 1
3. Send the completed application to the attention of: Internship Coordinator, WOIO-WUAB, 1717 East 12th Street, Cleveland, OH 44114. Along with your application, please include: A cover letter and resume.
4. A confirmation letter from your school will be required once you have been accepted verifying that you will be receiving academic credit for an internship here at WOIO-WUAB-TV.
5. If you have any questions, please call 216-771-1943, and ask to speak with the Internship Coordinator.