Sex Charge: Former School Administrator Pleads Not Guilty to - 19 Action News|Cleveland, OH|News, Weather, Sports

Sex Charge: Former School Administrator Pleads Not Guilty to Sexual Battery

Posted: Updated:

Posted by Web Staff - email | Facebook | Twitter

UPDATE: CANTON, OH (WOIO) - A former Canton school administrator accused of sexual battery went before a judge Friday morning.

James Irvin pleaded not guilty to sexual battery.

56-year-old Irvin's alleged victim is former student Nick Swonger. He spoke exclusively to 19 Action News Investigator Carl Monday about the serious allegations.

"I would look at him like he was my father," said Nick.

Swonger says from the day the two met, they were inseparable. Swonger says the friendship escalated to frequent sleep overs at Irvin's North Canton townhouse where he and his mentor would share some alcohol beverages.

"I started drinking with him when I was fifteen years old. He gave me some money, I skipped my class my junior year at the end of the day. And had some friends of mine take me to a place where I could buy drugs."

Swonger say everything was fine until a 2008 December night.

"All of a sudden I feel his hand kinda like rub my right chest. Then all of a sudden I feel him starting to feel down my body. I was very, very angry. I really had to, beat him down."

Irvin worked as the Director of Pupil Services for Canton City Schools until Monday, when he resigned.

Last week, Peninsula Police say Irvin was drunk, suicidal and had a gun with him when he left a local restaurant.

Wednesday, Irvin was charged with sexual battery. He also faces gun charges from the Peninsula incident. Police say Irvin, aware the allegations were surfacing, was armed an intoxicated and threatening suicide.

His bond was continued at $200K dollars cash.

©2010 WOIO. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow