More charges for coach accused of posing as 14-yr-old girl - 19 Action News|Cleveland, OH|News, Weather, Sports

More charges for coach accused of posing as 14-yr-old girl

Posted: Updated:
CABARRUS COUNTY, NC (WBTV) -

More charges could come in a matter of days against a volunteer coach with the Cabarrus County Schools, a source close to the investigation tells WBTV.

Conversations are underway between the sheriff's department and the district attorney's office regarding how to best proceed.

Michael Osborne worked as a grounds keeper and was a volunteer coach at a number of schools in Cabarrus including Northwest Middle School, and reportedly solicited nude photos of young boys by posing as 14-year-old girl.

Neighbors of Osborne said they are devastated to hear that there could be more victims.

"That really kind of is mind blowing, you know. That there is someone that could be this much of an animal, again, it's just very disturbing," Stanley Smith told WBTV.

A source close to the investigation says students at one the places he worked, Northwest Middle School, were allegedly solicited on line by Osborne.

Ronnye Boone is the public information with Cabarrus County Schools. "As soon as we were contacted we began our cooperation with law enforcement with the Sheriff's department," she said.

School administrators say the next step is contacting parents and students.

Boone says, "We're will be reaching out to parents this evening and directing them to find more information on our schools website about the situation as well as information safety."

So far there are seven cases against Osborne, and WBTV has learned that the number may grow to 15 or more and involve as many as six Concord area schools.

He was released on 150 thousand dollars bond, and was assigned a court appointed attorney.
Osborne is due back in court on November 12.

Copyright 2013 WBTV. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow