Nov. 3, 2013
COLUMBUS, Ohio - No. 11 Ohio State defeated Walsh 93-63 in an exhibition contest Sunday afternoon in front of 14,092 fans at Value City Arena.
Five players scored in double figures for Ohio State, led by 15 apiece from senior Lenzelle Smith, Jr. and junior LaQuinton Ross. Senior Aaron Craft added 14 points, sophomoreAmedeo Della Valle tallied 14 and junior Sam Thompson 13 for the Buckeyes, who shot 50 percent from the field for the game. Walsh was led by a game-high 18 points from Jesse Hardin.
The Buckeyes were ahead 49-26 at the half. Six players from the squad scored six or more points in the opening 20 minutes.
Ohio State opens the 2013 season this Saturday, Nov. 9, with a Noon ET tip against Morgan State at Value City Arena. A pregame skull session and fan fest will be held at 10:00 a.m.
• Ohio State scored 29 points off of 23 Walsh turnovers.
• The Buckeyes held a commanding 52-26 advantage on the glass, a 48-28 scoring edge in the paint and scored 20 second chance points.
• Ohio State totaled 12 team blocks, led by five from junior Amir Williams.
• OSU owned a 25-6 edge in fast break points.
• The Buckeyes recorded a 32-18 advantage in bench points.