Mob of teens attack man in downtown Cleveland - 19 Action News|Cleveland, OH|News, Weather, Sports

EXCLUSIVE: Mob of teens attack man in downtown Cleveland

Posted: Updated:
Ed Gallek talks to Matthew Robinson, the latest victim in a downtown attack Ed Gallek talks to Matthew Robinson, the latest victim in a downtown attack
CLEVELAND, OH (WOIO) -

There's evidence of more violent teens running around the heart of downtown Cleveland.

A disabled Army vet spoke out about the latest attack that happened Friday, Feb. 7, 2014.

Matthew Robinson told our Ed Gallek he was riding RTA's Healthline when six to eight teenagers surrounded him on the bus, and then started following him.

Then, he said they attacked, took his stuff, and videotaped what they were doing.

The incident went down at 6th and Euclid, and the crowd scattered when cops showed up.

Robinson told 19 Action News, "What they were saying was, 'Knock that boy out!' 'White boy.' 'Cracker.' They were saying, 'Knock that white boy out.'"

The victim said not only did the group taunt him with racial slurs, they also videotaped the incident.

Cleveland Police hustled and found three of the suspects running from the scene.

They apprehended an 18 and 19-year-old guy, plus a 16 year-old-girl who had the video on her phone.

Violent teens and even mobs have been a problem around Public Square recently.

Last month a teen was brutally beaten on the square, and at times the power of a massive police presence was needed to take back the square.

Matthew, a disabled Army vet, wants his story to be a warning to everyone living, or venturing downtown.

"Your mother or sister could be on the bus, and the same thing could happen to them," added Mr. Robinson.

Like 19 Action News on Facebook for the latest news, weather, sports and giveaways.

Copyright 2014 WOIO. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow